youtube adsense tax form. which one to chose?

Answer this question

  • youtube adsense tax form. which one to chose?


Answer #1 | 21/12 2013 19:05
You fill out a Form W-9. On the form you check that you are an "Individual/sole proprietor." Because you are a dependent and you will earn more than that amount of the standard deduction ($6,100 this year), you are required to file your own tax return. Your income is not included on your father's return. Because you will likely earn less than $400 from adsense this year, they probably won't send you any paperwork. Still, you are required to report this income. Next year when you will likely earn more than $400 from adsense they will send you a Form 1099-MISC reporting your earnings. They will not take out any taxes. You will be required to report this as income from self employment and pay both income tax and self employment tax on these earnings. Edit to add: Uncheck it. You are not exempt from backup withholding.
Positive: 66.666666666667 %
Answer #2 | 21/12 2013 20:30
You don't get to choose. If you are human citizen of the U.S., then you have to use W-9. The others are for foreigners and various other situations that don't apply to you. They won't take out the tax, and your dad doesn't have to pay them. You have to pay them, yourself.
Positive: 0 %

Possible answer