FIND THE ANSWERS

Which is more harmful? A dog bite or cat bite?

Answer this question

  • Which is more harmful? A dog bite or cat bite?


Answers

Answer #1 | 27/12 2013 17:05
Whilst both animals have a lot of bacteria in their mouths, a cat bite is more likely to become infected than a dog bite. The simple reason is that cats have needle sharp teeth which cause puncture wounds, driving any bacteria deep into the tissue. It's more difficult to thoroughly clean bacteria from deep puncture wounds and that's why infection may set in. Dogs teeth are more blunt and designed to deliver crushing and tearing injuries. Their teeth also don't penetrate as deeply making it easier to clean and remove bacteria from the wound, although crushed tissue is still susceptible to infection.
Positive: 25 %

Possible answer

Anonymous685588
Login to your account
Create new account