what tax would i pay on £160 earned as a pensioner?

Answer this question

  • what tax would i pay on £160 earned as a pensioner?


Answer #1 | 20/12 2013 07:09
Tax rules do not change when you become a pensioner. Any amount over your personal tax free allowance will be taxed at 20% just like non pensioners. The number of hours you work are irrelevant. We cannot tell you the exact amount as we do not know your tax code.
Answer #2 | 20/12 2013 07:38
Taking those state plus private as £1418 per month, I don't have my allowance card handy so cannot recall whatyou basic allowance is at 69 - let's pretend t is £9440. Annual pension income is £1418 x 12 = £17016. Whatever your allowance you are using all of your allowance already. You do not earn enough to be a higher rate taxpayer so you will be on tax code BR and pay a flat 20% of everything on the part time employment. So you will pay £32 a month in income tax on that.
Answer #3 | 20/12 2013 07:25
Not sure who told you that you could work 6 hours a week without paying tax, but you can safely ignore them as being wrong! Add up all your income (state and other pensions + the income from your new job) and then look at, which should help you. If you have unearned income (eg interest on savings), that too needs to be taken into account.
Answer #4 | 20/12 2013 08:19
Not likely, no free tax here. You have a yearly allowance of £10.500 as I have. Add all your income together and you will pay 20% over that sum. UK
Answer #5 | 20/12 2013 09:18
You have a tax allowance of £10,400 a year,so anything above that is taxed at 20% phone the tax helpline for advice-their number is 08453000627.
Answer #6 | 20/12 2013 15:40
You're using up all your allowance with the pensions. Those total more than the £10,500 personal allowance you get as a pensioner, so you should be paying a flat 20% income tax on your pay. Goodness knows who said you can work 6 hours without paying tax. Totally untrue. People do get some funny ideas!
Positive: 0 %
Answer #7 | 20/12 2013 12:58
be careful what you do,if you get pension credits , housing benefits, free council tax, you could loose this if you get to much income.,,get in touch with age uk,,they are very good and will put you on the right track.

Possible answer