What status to file for taxes?

Answer this question

  • What status to file for taxes?


Answer #1 | 10/12 2013 13:57
Sounds like you'd file as single. You can only file as HofH if you pay more than half of the total costs of the household. If he claims your daughter that's his, HE could file as HofH.
Answer #2 | 10/12 2013 16:35
Pay MORE than half the cost of maintaining the home for the taxpayer and qualified blood related child dependent to live for that tax year is one of the requirements that does have to be met to qualify to us the HOH filing status for the tax year. Sure does sound you would probably be using the single filing status with your one QC dependent from your previous relationship for this purpose during the 2014 tax filing season for the 2013 tax year. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/10/2013
Answer #3 | 10/12 2013 19:07
you pay only your own bills, you don''t contribute anything toward the household he provides? then technically you are not a head of household but he isn't either since he has no dependent he can claim for that status

Possible answer

Login to your account
Create new account