what lawyer is best to sue an insurance company?

Answer this question

  • what lawyer is best to sue an insurance company?


Answer #1 | 21/12 2013 16:27
You need a civil lawyer. You need to sue the driver, and the owner of the car who caused the accident, though, if you want to win. Insurance NEVER pays out more than the policy limit.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 21/12 2013 10:43
It doesn't really matter, because any lawyer should tell you the same thing: To sue and get paid any money, you have to sue the driver or owner of the car. If you sue the driver, and you win, then the driver's insurance will pay you. If you sue only the insurance company, and do not sue the driver or owner of the car, then you get nothing.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #3 | 21/12 2013 12:21
Obviously the person that was at fault for the accident did not have very much insurance on their auto insurance policy. The insurance company only pays up to the amount of the limit they pick. There is nothing you can do in the situation to the insurance company. It is the fault of the driver that they did not have enough insurance. You would have to sue the driver and no attorney will take a case if the driver has little or no money. You can try to sue in small claims court. This situation is why people need to make sure they carry enough insurance on their policy. Sorry, there is no good answer for you except small claims court or if the driver has money to sue the driver. Ask the insurance company what the limits of the drivers insurance policy are. Make sure they are paying you the maximum amount up to the guy's limit. I just said what everyone else said after my post. Same thing. Sorry for your loss.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #4 | 21/12 2013 12:53
You do not sue the Insurance Company, you have to sue the liable driver. The Insurance Company's policy has limits and if you want more than their coverage provides, you have to get it from the liable party.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #5 | 21/12 2013 17:22
The only phrase that bothers me, other than "I will see you in court" is "I want more". You will need some rationale for your damage demands. Without proper counsel from a highly experienced tort attorney, I only wonder what "reasonable" amount you could come up with except for maybe the most recent Powerball Lottery payout.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #6 | 23/12 2013 11:54
This sounds like a policy limit case which means the insurance only owes you up to the limits. Why hire an attorney if they are only legal required to pay a certain amount. The attorney takes a lot of your money for simply sending a letter to them. Makes no sense. Take the money and move on.
Positive: 100 %

Possible answer