Voting Question: Income Tax Questiong UK?

Answer this question

  • Voting Question: Income Tax Questiong UK?


Answer #1 | 16/12 2013 05:07
Not without seeing all your pay slips and your P45 or P60 - you haven't given nearly enough infoirmation for anyone to work it out. If you didn't get the P800, report that to them and ask for a duplicate - you need it unless you want them pursuing you for tax fraud.
Answer #2 | 16/12 2013 05:08
The best thing to do is phone them and ask them where they get the figure from Remember JSA is taxable income too. Hopefully they have made a mistake UK
Answer #3 | 16/12 2013 05:19
JSA is taxable, but it is paid with no tax deducted. Your PAYE earnings have tax deducted, but if you work for only part of the year, you normally pay too much tax. The tax overpaid on your earnings is £90 short of what you owe on your JSA. Here's how you do the sums. It should be the same as on your P800. Add together the total (before tax) you got from your job and JSA paid between 6 April 2012 and 5 April 2013. Deduct £8,105 (the rate of personal allowance for 2012/13) Multiply by 0.2 (20% basic rate tax) That gives you your total tax due for the year Deduct what you've already paid under PAYE That gives you what you owe the tax man. If you don't make it £90, write back and say so.
Answer #4 | 16/12 2013 12:42
Alan, why don't you use some common sense and simply phone the tax office and ask them to explain exactly how you underpaid £90. If they explain to your satisfaction, pay them, if not then don't pay them. Life is that simple if you use some common sense.

Possible answer