Voting Question: Getting my taxes done for the first time?

Answer this question

  • Voting Question: Getting my taxes done for the first time?


Answer #1 | 28/12 2013 19:56
This is also something you can learn to do yourself. It's not particularly complicated, especially given your financial situation which is pretty limited. You'll have employment income, some information from student status and loans, pretty much it. Try using an online filing agent first - if you run out of questions to ask or places where you're information might go, you're probably fine just filing there. That's all the tax service people are using anyway.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 29/12 2013 08:32
in your case your W-2 is probably all you need and you can free efile your own tax return at, yours should not be difficult to enter as a student, living with your mother who more than likely supports you she claims your exemption(you do not)
Answer #3 | 28/12 2013 19:52
If you are in the US, there are several physical places that do taxes for you for free. You need to ask others where are they located in your city. Most are for low income people and anyone else that needs help. I teach at a community college and we always train volunteers to do it. So local community college could be a good place to check.
Answer #4 | 28/12 2013 20:06
I think Amscot can take care of your taxes. For a cost of course.

Possible answer