Voting Question: Back child support & income tax return?

Answer this question

  • Voting Question: Back child support & income tax return?


Answer #1 | 18/12 2013 02:47
In Washington, support enforcement will file a garnishment order if a parent is at least six months behind in their support payments. They will also send you a copy and/or notify you of this action. It is important that they always have your current address. Since the tax season is coming around in just a few weeks, you will not see a garnishiment on this years tax refund. The paying parent is not required to report they owe child support. Unfortunately, it is up to support enforcement or the custodial parent to find the parent not paying and to garnish wages, bank accounts and tax refunds. When you signed up for support enforcement, you rec'd a packet. This information is in the packet. Also, you can go to their website and look this up. You may also try to contact your worker. Good luck! I'm sorry this is happening to you.
Answer #2 | 18/12 2013 08:46
if he files a tax return, and there is any refund due him it will be offset by the child support arrears that have been reported to IRS for collection
Answer #3 | 19/12 2013 10:53
It will likely be garnished, yes.
Answer #4 | 21/12 2013 11:54
He doesn't have to say anything. Child support enforcement can tell the IRS.

Possible answer