Taxes-2013, can you add some one on SSD?

Answer this question

  • Taxes-2013, can you add some one on SSD?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 07:08
Of course not when your GF does NOT qualify to be able to claim you on her 1040 FIT return by furnishing MORE than 50% of your support during the 2013 tax year for this purpose. Go to the website and use the search box for Publication 501, Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Exemptions for Dependents Qualifying Child Qualifying Relative These three tests are explained in detail later. All the requirements for claiming an exemption for a dependent are summarized in Table 5. Table 5. Overview of the Rules for Claiming an Exemption for a Dependent You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is your qualifying child or qualifying relative. Support Test (To Be a Qualifying Relative) To meet this test, you generally must provide more than half of a person's total support during the calendar year. However, if two or more persons provide support, but no one person provides more than half of a person's total support, see Multiple Support Agreement , later. How to determine if support test is met. You figure whether you have provided more than half of a person's total support by comparing the amount you contributed to that person's support with the entire amount of support that person received from all sources. This includes support the person provided from his or her own funds. Support provided by the state (welfare, food benefits, housing, etc.). Benefits provided by the state to a needy person generally are considered support provided by the state. However, payments based on the needs of the recipient will not be considered as used entirely for that person's support if it is shown that part of the payments were not used for that purpose. Total Support And you do have to sign the completed tax return where the below statement is included at bottom of the page of the 1040 tax form for your use at this time in your life. Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is true, correct, and accurately lists all amounts and sources of income I received during the tax year. Your signature Date Your occupation Spouse’s signature. Date Your occupation If a joint return, both must sign. Be sure that you do have very good daily detailed written records and a copy to be able to prove all of your information that you reported on your 1040 income tax return during the tax filing season for this purpose. And on the copy of the worksheet that you used to determine the amount of support that you and others paid for this purpose available in case the IRS should decide that they would want you to verify some of the information that you entered on your 1040 income tax return and printed a copy for your records and signed the other copy to send to the IRS for processing at that time in your life. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/22/2013
Positive: 0 %
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 07:38
You have not provided enough information but it is possible for her to claim you if you meet the test for "qualifying relative" under the dependency rules of the Internal Revenue Code. The test is met if you meet for requirements, namely, not being a qualifying child, relationship or member household test, gross income test and support test. For more on this please read Dependent: Qualifying Relative at
Positive: 0 %
Answer #3 | 22/12 2013 09:19
If she paid more to support you than you received in benefits, yes. She must pay over half of your support.

Possible answer