Should I have to pay taxes in a house that isn't mine?

Answer this question

  • Should I have to pay taxes in a house that isn't mine?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 17:24
either you anti up and pay half of everything, since you are not his wife but his tenant, or you leave and since you have been hanging with this loser for 11 years with no commitment I vote leave.
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 20:53
You do't have a tax problem, you have a relationship problem. Why do you stay? Figure that out, and go from there.
Answer #3 | 22/12 2013 18:14
If all you have been doing for 11 years is "putting up with him" = isn't it about time, that you both make the decision to let it go and move on. As for $1500 in taxes? You are kidding right? Don't know of any place in the US that you can live for $1500...
Answer #4 | 23/12 2013 09:10
the obligated one for the taxes is the one on the county tax property rolls and from what I read it your b/f's sister if she has paid at least one bill so as not to lose the property while your b/f has paid it before all the time that is between the two of them now to your situation, you have lived in his household ELEVEN YEARS! has this been rent free? my son came back to live with my husband and me one year and unfortunately my husband died shortly thereafter but my son remained until he finally married, this was at least 10 yrs and I figured the the rent he no longer paid for all those years would probably have been at least $58000 of course this isn't even considering the utilities, the land line, the property taxes etc but then he did all kinds of repair work remodeled my bathroom and kitchen etc. I can understand his family(and maybe him too) figures you need to help but you are not 'obligated'--your name is not on the tax bill
Answer #5 | 23/12 2013 10:10
You are basically his tenant. So you pay what he asks you to pay or you move elsewhere, that is how it works. What he is asking you to pay for is irrelevant, he sets the rules. If you were paying rent, it would be going towards all of those bills, it really isn't that relevant what you call the bill.
Answer #6 | 24/12 2013 08:29
You've asked this question in the wrong forum. This has nothing to do with taxes. I would suggest that you and your "fiance" get some counseling. You're under no obligation to pay anything. If you don't, you'll likely need to find a new place to live. From the sounds of things that's probably a wise idea.
Answer #7 | 24/12 2013 08:06
Sure does sound like it is time for you to move on and find a new life for your own self at this time of the tax year 2013 on Christmas Eve BUT your choice and your own decision that you will have to be ready to accept the consequences of at some future time in your own life. So good luck and have a Happy NEW year during the 2014 tax filing season for the 2013 tax year 1040 FIT return. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/23/2013

Possible answer