Reopening bank account after being reported to Chexsystems?

Answer this question

  • Reopening bank account after being reported to Chexsystems?


Answer #1 | 20/12 2013 03:00
you can walk into any bank and open an account IF you have the money to pay the amount you owe to your previous bank. the current bank you are opening an account with will do this for you as a service to get a new customer that might make them some money. rule: always keep at least $500 as a minimum in a checking,,, if you don't think you can do this,, you should not be opening an account anywhere. thought: chase is one of the worst banks out there,,, can't you google a local credit union and open an account with them? look online and you will find that they require less for free checking.
Positive: 66.666666666667 %
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 23:22
No, you can't. Chase will look into its records and see that it closed an account and it won't open another one for you. Chexsystems is a credit agency. The fact that Chase closed your account for overdraft will be in their records for the next five years. If you try to open a checking account at most other banks, they will see the negative mark in your Chexsystems file and you won't be able to open an account there either. Once you get bad credit, it stays in your records. Paying it off at a later time doesn't erase the records. You might be able to open a "second chance" checking account at a smaller bank or credit union. But they will charge you a higher fee for taking the chance.
Positive: 50 %

Possible answer