Question about P60 and re-claiming tax.?

Answer this question

  • Question about P60 and re-claiming tax.?


Answer #1 | 21/02 2013 11:00
You should have a P45 not a P60. A p45 is given when you leave your employment so that a new employer knows what tax code you are on. A p60 is a statement of pay and deductions which your employer has made in the previous tax year. You should receive one from your employer at the end of every tax year, usually in April. You cannot claim a tax refund until the end of the tax year (which is 5 April) even if unemployed, because benefits can be taxable.

Possible answer