Pulled anchor of fence pole out of ground. Am I liable?

Answer this question

  • Pulled anchor of fence pole out of ground. Am I liable?


Answer #1 | 19/12 2013 21:59
Did your daughter damage someone's property? If so, then she has to pay for the repairs.
Answer #2 | 20/12 2013 00:14
She is liable for any amount insurance doesn't cover.
Answer #3 | 21/12 2013 16:07
Your daughter did the damage she has to pay. What bothers me is you trying to find some way to get her out of her responsibility. Good parenting. The neighbors should have been told by your daughter when it happened. She is not a very nice person.
Answer #4 | 21/12 2013 09:35
Your question is based on what daughter and friend has told you. Daughter received estimate a few weeks after, and, since she failed to file on her auto insurance, the homeowner, did not want to wait till, your daughter paid them, which, if I had to guess, was never...... Now, if she had filed a claim, then the her insurance, who have experts employed by the insurance company, could have deemed, if the $860 was right or not. If so, they issue a check, and if not, they pay what is owed. Claims are filed everyday without police reports and are not always needed. The homeowner, may not have filed on his insurance, since, his homeowners insurance could go up, or they may have a $500 or $1,000 deductible. Have daughter submit estimate and open a claim. If the cost could have been only $200, then insurance will reimburse homeowner $200 and she will owe the balance of $660. Or, insurance pays the full $860. Either way, daughter caused damages and she owes. You cant argue about the costs, since, when she ignored him, then he did what was needed to repair. If he sues her, guess what she will lose and still owe. So many people get caught up not wanting to file a insurance claim and then later complain about the costs, but, once you fail to file, then you have no bargaining power, or the experts that insurance companies use to defend you. How much money does your daughter want to pay? $860 or less, so have her file a claim.

Possible answer

Login to your account
Create new account