parking lot accident?

Answer this question

  • parking lot accident?


Answer #1 | 19/12 2013 16:49
Never happened to me. I'm pretty sure if you inform your insurance company they'll take care of it...
Answer #2 | 19/12 2013 16:50
Avoid making a claim for small damage like this. It is better to get it settled outside of collision reporting, insurance and police for a small thing like this. Have him get a quote for the repair, and write up a contract that says you are liable and will pay for the damage caused to his car and that paying for the car damage will settle the accident.
Answer #3 | 19/12 2013 16:51
That will all depend on your vehicle coverage and set deductibles. Don't panic. Simply report the incident to your insurance agent. Give them all the details and the other driver's contact info. They will do all the rest.
Answer #4 | 19/12 2013 17:54
That would be covered through insurance, no problem. Very often, people elect to settle such matters privately and not get their insurance companies involved, because the damage is usually very minor. Legally, you're responsible for that damage even if it was caused by wind. Opening your door into another vehicle is always your responsibility no matter what. If you've already started the process of going through insurance, you might as well just let them handle it. If not, ask the other car owner to provide you with a written repair estimate for the damage. If it's affordable, you might want to just pay it and keep the insurers out of the whole thing.
Answer #5 | 20/12 2013 05:54
Your liability insurance should cover the repair costs. There are no deductibles with liability coverage. You won't have to pay a dime. DO NOT (EVER) settle outside of insurance. That will only expose you to further risk. Always do it the smart way and let the experts (your insurance company) handle everything. Now.....Notify your insurance company. They will explain how it works. When you notify your insurance, ask that they give you a quick "insurance 101" lesson so that you don't find yourself in insurance/financial trouble. Accident? Always call the police to the scene and then notify YOUR insurance company.... Always !
Answer #6 | 19/12 2013 18:05
Calling your insurance company would answer all your questions, wouldn't it? Call them. Tell them what happened. They'll explain the coverage(s) that apply. You do not have to pay anything extra for the other car's damages.

Possible answer