Nursing home neglect, how can I report it without losing job?

Answer this question

  • Nursing home neglect, how can I report it without losing job?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 21:51
A state inspector. They must have a license somewhere so see who issues it. The entire home could be shut down if they move all the residents to other places but it is more likely they will just inspect more often. You might need to risk your job to keep people safe.
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 22:07
Idk who you would talk to but do it anon to save your job
Answer #3 | 23/12 2013 21:17
That must be a terrifying place not only to work, but to LIVE. What you can do is look at the postings on the 'board' (usually in the break room or near by). The # to your state's ombudsman is supposed to be posted in plain sight. You can call and let your concerns with this facility be known anonymously! Please REPORT this. Not only is it your duty to do so as a health care worker (are you a STNA?), but it is simply the RIGHT thing to do. Doesn't matter if you like the residents or not so much. It's the right thing to report abuse or neglect. Thanks for reaching out on here and asking. That says a lot about you as a person. Doing the right thing, even when it's scary or you think no one is watching will put you in a much better place overall :)
Answer #4 | 25/12 2013 01:33
Your state should have a mandatory reporting law. Contact your Dept of Health. Usally there is an annoymous number that you are required to call. For us it is 1-800 END HARM

Possible answer