Need a auto insurance question anwsered.?

Answer this question

  • Need a auto insurance question anwsered.?


Answer #1 | 20/12 2013 06:06
They will only pay the book value and if you keep the car they deduct what they think a junk yard will pay, but junk yards usually will not pay what they say. So if the car is still a good car, you might want to keep it, but if it's junk, then let them take it. As for the guy that hit her, if they want to pay you for the damage, what the insurance company will pay, then nothing wrong with that, but I would get the money right now, no waiting, otherwise let the insurance company deal with it, because there might be a time limit on filing. And no checks, you need the cash today. But up to you to decide what you want to do, My answer is just a thought.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 20/12 2013 06:08
you file with yours and let them take care of things that is what you pay them for. if it is totaled you get what it is worth and they take the car
Positive: 100 %
Answer #3 | 20/12 2013 11:24
As Obi Wan suggests "private settlement is totally legitimate". However, there is risk involved with doing so. To be guaranteed the whole process is on the up and up let your insurance agent handle all the details for you. They will go through the entire process thoroughly and legally. That's why you pay them your premium costs, let them do the job you are paying them for.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #4 | 20/12 2013 12:53
Here is how it works. IF repairs exceed 75% of the value of the car, then insurance totals it and pays fair market value. IE; car worth $2000, and repairs cost $1,600, so insurance pays $2,000, since more than 75%. Insurance will have car estimated (appraiser or body shop write an estimate) to see how much to repair, and if it exceeds 75%, they total it. It they total it, and pay you the value, then the insurance company takes it, (since they now own the car), and sell to salvage yard. Question is, can this lady or son, just write you a check either for the repairs or the amount your car is worth? My guess is no, or, they will stall you and give you excuses, etc, and you will be just spinning your wheels. So, best to file on his insurance, but, be advised, if they are being a-holes, they will refuse to talk to their insurer, and his insurance can deny your claim, for failure to cooperate. If that happens, then yes, you file a suit in small claims court, with copy of your estimate and/or value of your car.
Positive: 100 %

Possible answer