National Insurance Exemption?

Answer this question

  • National Insurance Exemption?


Answer #1 | 20/12 2013 12:36
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 21/12 2013 02:32
All earnings go into the calculation. You report your income from paid employment on the employment page. You claim exemption (small income) on the Self Employed part and wait for the DWP/HMRC to check it. Always a bone of contention - claim anyway - at worst you pay NIC but later.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #3 | 20/12 2013 13:14
The two are separate. If you are paying NI contributions in your employed job, there is no real purpose in making them in respect of your self employment - you won't get any extra benefits - so apply. See for more info.

Possible answer