My rental property had flooded twice in 7 days.?

Answer this question

  • My rental property had flooded twice in 7 days.?


Answer #1 | 28/12 2013 21:45
Move......The property is obviously not inhabitable. The landlord's insurance will not cover you and unless she has flood insurance it won't cover her either.
Answer #2 | 29/12 2013 05:05
Send her a letter by registered mail. Keep a copy and the receipt that she received it. Tell her you are moving right now and want your deposit back and tell her that she mis represented the whole thing and you want some money to help you move as damages. Move I doubt she will take you to court for the rest of the lease but if she does then you would want to show this letter along with any other evidence to the judge.
Answer #3 | 30/12 2013 04:17
Either move to someplace new, or figure out a way to prevent it from flooding anymore... there are plenty of online guides that can help show you what to do to take preventative action.

Possible answer