My employer refuses to pay me...............?

Answer this question

  • My employer refuses to pay me...............?


Answer #1 | 19/12 2013 13:39
Answer #2 | 19/12 2013 14:10
I don't understand why your having so many account issues? Seems like there is more than your telling us.
Answer #3 | 19/12 2013 14:10
The money has been paid to a bank account in your name which was clearly still an active account (because no bank ever lets you close an account with a negative balance). The money has therefore gone to pay some of your debt to the bank - so in effect you have had the benefit of that money. You now owe the bank less than you did. I don't think you have any grounds to sue anyone - you have been paid. You just haven't been able to use the money in the way you hoped, because paying your debts took priority.
Answer #4 | 19/12 2013 17:04
Sue? Sure, you can sue for whatever you want. Consult with an attorney about if any lawsuit can be brought. The problem is that you received the paycheck and the money was spent. There isn't fraud here, other than yours. You left an account with a negative balance - effectively, you stole from the bank and committed fraud. I understand your anger. You didn't want to pay back the money you spent and it doesn't seem fair that a mistake has forced you to repay your debt. My guess is that the court will see that the money was deposited to your account and dismiss the case.
Answer #5 | 20/12 2013 16:46
Do what I did: The people fired me but didn't want to pay me. I made a scene outside the office. Called the cops to come over. Told them privately to do their siren and then one of the people inside the office brought me my money. Leave the job but save your dignity and show them that they can't do that to someone else. I am a woman and it was difficult to handle being betrayed like that. Not saying it will be easier on you but since you are a man, you can easily intimidate them like this. Go in and say I am giving you guys 10 minutes, if you don't pay me my money I will call the cops. Either way you will leave but get your money for your time. Edit: Doing this will be easier than going through civil court and etc. Cops won't help with anything!! Just do these intimidating steps first. Good luck.

Possible answer