Moving out at 18???!?!?!?!?

Answer this question

  • Moving out at 18???!?!?!?!?


Answer #1 | 18/12 2013 22:18
sorry u in for a rough ride. in CA if 18 and not resident = u not in high school. stay where u at. Finish high school there. stay with folks as u go to community college for any of dozen programs leading to actual jobs that are in demand. CA has highest unemployment in 18 -22 yr old except for Detroit/Chicago areas. if u like homeless , CA is one of best places to go. do some real world learning b4 u get burned.
Answer #2 | 19/12 2013 04:58
Oh, to be young again and have all of the answers. Why be in a rush to grow up? You are going to be old most of your life (unless you do something STUPID) Life, especially without a trust fund or a good job, is VERY difficult. Slow down. Get educated. Save your money. Work various jobs to make money and, more importantly, find out what you either WANT to do in life or what you DO NOT want to do. Good Luck! (what would you say to an 18 year old in prison? What could an 18 year old prisoner convey to you?) WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? I am an old man trying to get the attention of a young man. Not that you would go to prison, BUT you are and will be the VICTIM (or beneficiary) of YOUR decisions.
Answer #3 | 19/12 2013 04:11
Most 18 year olds can't afford to support themselves. Part time work doesn't do it, and minimum wage work doesn't do it, either. Moving to California with the idea of being unemployed and living with friends, is probably not going to work.
Answer #4 | 19/12 2013 07:33
At age 16, was not so crazy about my parents, (but), when I became an adult, I sure did love them. After losing my mother at age 37 and my father at 46, I sure do miss them, now. Looks like you did "some" of your homework. But, based on what I read from this site, unless you have a parent "domiciled" in CA, it will be very difficult to validate you are a CA resident for 1 year to qualify for any CA college. CA is very expensive to live. Housing alone can cost 3 or more times more, than in a midwestern city. These "family/friends", have you discussed moving there for 1 year to attend your final year in HS? It is one thing for someone to let you live with them for a week or 2, but for a full year? I am guessing you plan on finding a PT job, while going to school to save up money, but, these family/friends, might want you to "chip" in for food/rent/utilities? As a child under your parents, like most, they pay for everything, and don't expect their children to chip in, but, rather save it, or spend as they like. Don't know where you live, but once you finish HS, and if you get into college in your own state, then you could move out on campus and away from your parents.

Possible answer