Mortgage payment protection insurance typo error?

Answer this question

  • Mortgage payment protection insurance typo error?


Answer #1 | 21/12 2013 15:35
That's the tough to say. Do you have anything in writing when they confirmed 24 months?
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 09:17
Get free mortgage insurance quotes from here and get your answer within few minutes.So open this link in your browser.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #3 | 22/12 2013 12:36
Yes it is a typo. Relax.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #4 | 21/12 2013 16:16
Rather depends what else they say in their contract, but on the face of it you may well be able to argue successfully that they should pay you for 24 months based on a 'change of position' argument. This is where someone relies on a statement in good faith and irrevocably changes their financial position based on the information they were given. Write to them and say this, heading your letter 'complaint' (this is important - it means they must use their own complaints procedure which will set out timescales for responding and requires them to deal fairly with customers). If you don't like their final reply (which must be in writing), you are free to go to the Ombudsman. The final reply must include details of how to do this.

Possible answer