Military Property Taxes for Out of State residence?

Answer this question

  • Military Property Taxes for Out of State residence?


Answer #1 | 20/12 2013 03:41
Depends on how much interest and property taxes you paid. The deduction of property taxes on your federal return has nothing to do with where you live, other than the home be your primary residence.
Answer #2 | 20/12 2013 07:02
Your SC property tax and interest would be deductible if it's your main home, but only if you itemize. If your total deductions aren't more than the standard deduction, 6100 single, 12,200 on a joint return, then you're ahead to just take the std deduction.
Answer #3 | 20/12 2013 08:31
your home of record remains Vermont until you reup, or resign you will file your Vt state tax return as you normally do you can still own property and pay property taxes in a state that is not your resident state and whether your income is taxable to that state you will have to see how that state treats military income you can amend last year's return if you find the need

Possible answer