Im ready to leave my alcoholic wife but..?

Answer this question

  • Im ready to leave my alcoholic wife but..?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 22:27
You can't make her leave her own house if she doesn't want to do so. You would have to evict her. How about talking to her when she's sober. Tell her, "If you don't stop drinking I'm going to divorce you."
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 22:27
20 years, to long to just say goodbye to, however she needs help and splitting is not going to help her. She must get serious help and I AA may point you in the right direction but it is my opinion that she needs to be confined to a detox clinic of some kind. You have been there for each other for a long time, be there for her now.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #3 | 22/12 2013 22:33
I am sorry that you are going through this, brother. If you have the means, I would take the kids and move out yourself at least temporarily. You can't legally just lock her out. Then talk to a lawyer. Good luck.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #4 | 22/12 2013 22:37
Plan a vacation with the kids and don't tell her you are going . Turn off all the utilities , water , gas , electric , cable , phone ,,,, everything ,,, and then lock all the meters and service boxes . She won't last long with no utilities and have her served with eviction notice a day or two after you leave . Don't answer your phone , don't respond to text . Speak with a locksmith before you leave , authorize a friend to place a service order and once you know she's out ,,,,,,, have all the locks changed . 10 : 1 odds she will take the hint . On a separate note ,,,, while I support your booting her @ss out ,,,, as a sober alcoholic I will say don't give up all hope . After drinking alcoholically for many years I got sober and haven't had a drink in close to 25 years ,,,,,, but I wanted to get sober .
Positive: 100 %
Answer #5 | 23/12 2013 09:17
You can't kick her out of the marital home - the law sees that as her home. Unless she commits domestic violence or another crime in the home,and is escorted away by the police, she can stay where she is. You can see an attorney for advice... which i think is the right thing to do. I'd also suggest Alanon for you -- a support group for those of us whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking.... it may help you to cope. Very supportive people.
Positive: 50 %

Possible answer