im 20 years of age with no job and a kid if my older sister claims me and my son for income tax how much will?

Answer this question

  • im 20 years of age with no job and a kid if my older sister claims me and my son for income tax how much will?


Answer #1 | 27/12 2013 15:33
No way to know. There is not a set refund amount. She would get an exemption for each of you. Anything else depends on many factors.
Answer #2 | 27/12 2013 15:56
How much will she get? Absolutely no way to tell with the limited info provided.
Positive: 0 %
Answer #3 | 27/12 2013 15:57
Did you live with her all year? Where there other relatives in the household? How much did she make from earned income? Even though you had no income, what else did you make from, say, unemployment?
Answer #4 | 27/12 2013 16:48
not enough info for a guess. visit a library for dozens of books so u can learn.
Answer #5 | 27/12 2013 20:24
your son would have to reside in the household of your sister 6 months and the child does not get support amounting to more than 50% of his support at 20 you are too old as a dependent child but if you resided in her household the ENTIRE year, did not earn $3900, she provided more than 50% of your support and no one else can claim you she can claim you as a dependent this will allow her anothe $7800 to reduce her taxable income and if your child qualifies to make her head of household her standard deduction would be $8700
Answer #6 | 27/12 2013 18:16
Could be possible BUT only if and when your sister do meet all of the rules that have to be met by you and each one of the other separate taxpayers do have to meet all of the rules and each support test for each one for this purpose and time in your life. Use the below enclosed information to determine if the support test is met. You figure whether you have provided more than half of a person's total support by comparing the amount you contributed to that person's support with the entire amount of support that person received from all sources. This includes support the person provided from his or her own funds. Support provided by the state (welfare, food benefits, housing, etc.). Benefits provided by the state to a needy person generally are considered support provided by the state. However, payments based on the needs of the recipient will not be considered as used entirely for that person's support if it is shown that part of the payments were not used for that purpose. Total Support To figure if you provided more than half of a person's support, you must first determine the total support provided for that person. Total support includes amounts spent to provide food, lodging, clothing, education, medical and dental care, recreation, transportation, and similar necessities. Generally, the amount of an item of support is the amount of the expense incurred in providing that item. For lodging, the amount of support is the fair rental value of the lodging. Expenses not directly related to any one member of a household, such as the cost of food for the household, must be divided among the members of the household. Go to the website and use the search Box for the Publication 501 (2013), Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information ◦Exemptions for Dependents You may find Worksheet 2 helpful in figuring whether you provided more than half of a person's support. Person's own funds not used for support. A person's own funds are not support unless they are actually spent for support. And you do have to sign the completed tax return where the below statement is included at bottom of the page of the 1040 tax form for your use at this time in your life. Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is true, correct, and accurately lists all amounts and sources of income I received during the tax year. Your signature Date Your occupation Spouse’s signature. Date Your occupation If a joint return, both must sign. Be sure that you do have very good daily detailed written records and a copy to be able to prove all of your information that you reported on your 1040 income tax return during the tax filing season for this purpose. And on the copy of the worksheet that you used to determine the amount of support that you and others paid for this purpose available in case the IRS should decide that they would want you to verify some of the information that you entered on your 1040 income tax return and printed a copy for your records and signed the other copy to send to the IRS for processing at that time in your life. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/27/2013

Possible answer