FIND THE ANSWERS

I may have gotten water in an electrical outlet?

Answer this question

  • I may have gotten water in an electrical outlet?


Answers

Answer #1 | 26/12 2013 12:46
I'd plug a hair dryer into an extension cord in a plug in another room, take the face plate off the outlet and blow dry everything. Then check to see if the breaker/fuse is blown. Then plug the extension cord into the dry outlet and turn the hair dryer on from a little distance away; have someone close by who can throw the breaker if it sparks again. It should be fine. If not, call an electrician before you go any further.
Answer #2 | 26/12 2013 13:59
It will dry by itself,however if you plugged something in that was on, it will cause a little spark.That is normal.
Positive: 0 %
Answer #3 | 27/12 2013 08:13
It will dry out by itself. The little spark you saw would have happened wet or dry. You were just paying extra attention to it. If the water caused a short circuit, you would have seen sparks immediately after splashing the water on it. Never plug something in "part way". That can cause overheating, and may cause a fire. Go back to using the outlet normally.

Possible answer

Anonymous993818
Login to your account
Create new account