I live in a council house and are been forced to move to another property as the council want to demolish the?

Answer this question

  • I live in a council house and are been forced to move to another property as the council want to demolish the?


Answer #1 | 23/12 2013 00:25
You want a shower get a plumber in to fit one. No big deal really. Life isn't fair. Why the council have moved you is irrelevant. You have a roof over your head and that is the main worry for someone with 3 children wouldn't you say?
Answer #2 | 23/12 2013 00:56
Its NOT fair ! I think MOST people who are still waiting for a council house won't think its fair that you have been given one before them ! Life isn't fair - get over it. Bottom line is that you are complaining about a shower - go to B&Q, buy one for £100 and get a plumber to fit it. End of problem
Answer #3 | 23/12 2013 00:58
Would you sooner stay there and have the house fall down around you because of subsidence ?
Answer #4 | 23/12 2013 01:55
There is never security with rented property. Tenants in both private and public sectors need to keep in mind that they don't own the property and act accordingly. Did you consult with the housing dept., before you 'did it up' as it may have saved you grief? If you ask permission to install a shower I imagine the housing dept., will agree. You may complain to your ward counsellor of course and if you can obtain a doctor's note stating that you need a shower maybe that will help? But as I said, it's let property and you can always move to a place that suits you.
Answer #5 | 23/12 2013 04:25
Help you with what? You don't own it. Owner (council) can do anything they want with it. They can sell it off if they want to. "Not fair" is a matter of opinion. Not quite understanding why you are not more grateful that you are getting another place to live instead of being homeless. They don't have to give you like for like. And you misunderstood what they said about fitting showers in new properties. They said they don't fit showers in new/remodeled/refurbished bathrooms. Don't know what help out here you are looking for. If you don't like the new place - ask them what else they have. Or get your own place and pay for it yourself.
Answer #6 | 23/12 2013 01:55
I would just be gratefull the council have gave you a house

Possible answer

Login to your account
Create new account