I crashed my car into a pillar in a car park?

Answer this question

  • I crashed my car into a pillar in a car park?


Answer #1 | 05/01 2014 12:11
They will pay for it,THEN raise your insurance rates !
Answer #2 | 05/01 2014 12:13
Sure. Your insurance provider will cover the cost of the repairs, after you pay your set deductible.
Answer #3 | 05/01 2014 12:20
They will pay for it but, before you claim, be aware that this will raise your insurance premiums for the next five years, since you will have a claim on your record. No Claims Bonus is a very valuable thing, typically 30% off your premium for 1 year's NCB, and an extra 10% for every year after that, up to a maximum of 60% or even 65%. If the damage is only minor, it will probably pay you just to pay for it yourself and say nothing, Especially because there will be a compulsory excess on your policy which is probably at least £250, so you wouldn't get the first £250 of any claim anyway - you would still have to pay that.
Answer #4 | 05/01 2014 13:17
They will compare the cost of the repair with the value of the car: if it is going to cost more to do the repair than it would to get a replacement car of the same age, they will write it off and tell you to buy another one. They always go for whichever option costs them less.
Answer #5 | 05/01 2014 17:34
There is only one answer to your question ~ do not know. Why, because you do not say what the car is, when it was made or what it's value is. If it is a nearly new car it will get repaired, if it is an old clunker it will be written off.
Answer #6 | 05/01 2014 14:35
If the car is worth £20,000 and the damage costs £500 to repair, they will repair it. If the car is worth £500 and the damage will cost £1000 to repair, the car will be written off. As no-one on here knows anything about your car or the extent of the damage, your question is completely pointless.

Possible answer