How to pay taxes from stocks?

Answer this question

  • How to pay taxes from stocks?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 14:59
After the end of each tax year during the tax filing season you will receive the consolidated 1099s from the broker are payer of the fund and one of them will be a 1099-B and it will have the information that you will have to use to correctly fill out the 8949 and the schedule D of your 1040 FIT return. Stocks bought and held 1year or less of time and sold at gain would be taxed at ordinary tax rates. Bought and held MORE than 1 year and sold at gain taxed at the LTCG rates for that purpose and time in your life. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/22/2013
Positive: 60 %
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 17:51
you will receive a 1099 B from etrade and you will report this income on form 8949 and Sch D with your 1040
Positive: 60 %

Possible answer