How to claim more exemptions if only single filer with no dependents?

Answer this question

  • How to claim more exemptions if only single filer with no dependents?


Answer #1 | 23/12 2013 00:23
Play with the numbers here
Answer #2 | 23/12 2013 05:41
ONLY Allowances for the purpose of the federal income tax withholding amounts for each pay period during the tax year. Single and 1 might be close for you at this time in your life. You really do have to be very careful with this matter of the W-4 form and the Allowances for that purpose. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/23/2013
Answer #3 | 23/12 2013 05:29
Simply write in a higher number. Since it is just you, you should not put more than 1. It won't increase your check very much.
Answer #4 | 23/12 2013 08:37
single, 2 is usually a reasonable claim to make, generally you will not have either a large income tax to pay, or a large refund claiming three you very likely will owe
Answer #5 | 23/12 2013 13:13
2 will bring you close to even, either a small refund or owe a small amount.
Answer #6 | 23/12 2013 00:08
The W-4 form uses "allowances" not exemptions. If you are a single adult who is not a dependent, you can usually use single/2 allowances and break even.
Answer #7 | 24/12 2013 13:56
you can claim up to 10 without sending up a flag to the IRS. only your employer sees your W-4 form, the IRS doesn't. you need to claim the right amount for you when you file your taxes. you can change your W-4 form anytime you want if you see things need adjusted.
Answer #8 | 23/12 2013 21:43
You should claim only 1 or 2. If you claim 3, you'll probably owe. (I claim 3 and don't owe, but that's because I put a lot of money into my HSA and IRA.)

Possible answer