how much money will i get back from taxes &whendo iI apply?

Answer this question

  • how much money will i get back from taxes &whendo iI apply?


Answer #1 | 05/01 2014 16:57
Do you support yourself? It does not sound like you did for more than half the year so I am pretty sure you were their dependent for last year. Next January you can claim yourself if you are out on your own.
Positive: 66.666666666667 %
Answer #2 | 05/01 2014 12:35
W-2 form for the 2012 tax year RIGHT would have to use the 2012 1040EZ tax return for that tax year. And age does NOT have ant thing to do with it when you do have your own earned income that you did work for to earn then you can fill out and file your own 1040 FIT return for that tax year. And It sure does sound like you would need to check the box on the page that would indicate that you were a dependent of another tax payer for the 2013 tax year so your exemption can NOT be claimed by you and the line for the exemption will have to be ZERO at that time during the 2014 tax filing season. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 01/05/2014
Positive: 50 %
Answer #3 | 05/01 2014 12:31
You need to file your 2012 W2 with your 2012 taxes. If you haven't filed this and this you will receive a tax refund, you can file still file it. You file only your 2013 W2 with your 2013 taxes. Your parents/guardian might be able to claim you as a dependent, depending on what you were doing before you started working in 2013.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #4 | 05/01 2014 12:38
W-2 form? Who told you a 17 year old couldn't file it? Age does not have anything tto do with whether you file. Was that in 2013 or earlief? It can still be filed, but has to be filed for the year on the form. Filing doesn't mean you get anything back. Depends on how much you made total, and how much was withhel for income tax. If too much was withheld, you get the extra back. If you get a refund, it's just getting your own money back. It's like if you buy a bid mac and fries, and pay witha $20 bill. They give you money back, but it's your money that you overpaid.
Positive: 33.333333333333 %
Answer #5 | 05/01 2014 12:53
Being 17 is not a reason not to be able to file. Even small children can file. Legally, taxes can even be filed for a baby. Also, it's a W-2 form, not a "double two" form. The amount you get back is determined by how much money you made, not by how long you work. However, if they think that you owe money for not filing last year, then that will be subtracted from whatever you would have gotten this year. Therefore, it's best to file for 2012 first, even though you'll be late, before you try to file for 2013.
Positive: 33.333333333333 %
Answer #6 | 05/01 2014 14:16
You can't claim yourself, because you didn't support yourself on working 3 months. You were a student furthermore, parents still claim you. W2, not double two.
Positive: 0 %
Answer #7 | 05/01 2014 17:57
just because you were 17 last year didn't mean you could not file a tax return to get a refund of the withheld income tax that you don't owe it's the same now as you are 18, and if you live in the household of your parents 6 months of the year and do not provide more than 50% of your own support you are still their dependent
Positive: 0 %

Possible answer