How do you get a tax rebate?

Answer this question

  • How do you get a tax rebate?


Answer #1 | 21/12 2013 06:12
If you ar due a tax rebate HMRC will let you know. If you think you are due one you can contact them and have them look into your payments and earnings to see if you have overpaid.
Positive: 66.666666666667 %
Answer #2 | 21/12 2013 06:24
Positive: 66.666666666667 %
Answer #3 | 21/12 2013 10:05
If you overpay tax during the year the excess is paid back to you. Do you have a reason to think you have overpaid income tax? The checking process is fully automatic and normally you need do nothing.
Positive: 66.666666666667 %
Answer #4 | 23/12 2013 23:19
If you are having tax deducted from your wages, then after the tax year ends on 5 April, HM Revenue & Customs review the year and will automatically send you a repayment if they work out that you should have one. It might take a while - this happened to me a few years ago after I lost my job in February and didn't work again before the tax year ended, and I got a cheque in about November - but sooner or later they WILL do it because they have to, to "clear" you for that year on their computer system. I used to work for HMRC's auditors so I know tax officers get open case lists and one of their priorities is to clear people off the list. If you're sure you have overpaid, you can always ask by contacting HMRC at the address or telephone number on the last correspondence they sent you, or at If you're not working, or not earning much, and want to reclaim tax deducted from savings interest, you do it by filling in an R40 claim form. Get one by asking them.
Positive: 50 %

Possible answer