How do waitresses pay taxes? Tax returns?

Answer this question

  • How do waitresses pay taxes? Tax returns?


Answer #1 | 19/12 2013 20:59
You're supposed to keep track of everything you make including tips. You report that to the IRS and pay your share of taxes on your income. Of course waitresses tend to under-report how much they make in tips. But the correct answer is that you keep track of how much you make and then you pay taxes to the IRS based on that.
Answer #2 | 20/12 2013 03:47
That money is paid by your employer, and should have been paid with each paycheck, not paid by the rest of us. So when you file your taxes, this has nothing to do with it.
Answer #3 | 20/12 2013 06:47
Very possible that you may have misunderstood what some did say about this matter are else who ever did say that was not telling your the truth about this matter at that time in your life. Give each employee who has been allocated tips a Form W-2 that shows the allocated amount in box 8. The form must be furnished to the employee by January 31 of the following year. The W-2s that you will receive from your employers after the end of the tax year around the last week of January 2014 during the 2014 tax filing season for the 2013 tax year and it will have all the information on it Box 1 Gross wages and Box 2 FIT amount and then they should also have the additional information when you do have some ALLOCATED tip income W-2 form in the Box 8 to be reported CORRECTLY when you are filling out you 1040 FIT return during the tax filing season using 1040 instructions for this purpose and the IRS form 4137 for the allocated TIP income at that time. FICA tax social security and medicare taxes will NOT be refundable at all. ONLY FIT and may be some FIT amounts on each separate income tax returns. W-2 will be used by your employer to report the Allocated tip income amount to you for this purpose in the Box 8. This amount is not included in boxes 1, 3, 5, or 7. For information on how to report tips on your tax return, see your Form 1040 instructions. You must file Form 4137, Social Security and Medicare Tax on Unreported Tip Income, with your income tax return to report at least the allocated tip amount unless you can prove a smaller amount with adequate records. IMPOSSIBLE for us to GUESSTIMATE the amount for you at this time when you do not have all of the required needed information at this time for this purpose in your life. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/20/2013
Answer #4 | 20/12 2013 08:55
hopefully you will get a W-2 from this employer and if income tax was withheld you would want to file a tax return it is entirely possible that you will not actually owe any income tax, all the more reason you would want to file to get it refunded since this is earned income if you are 25 it means you are eligible for some EIC and that is another reason you would want to file you can use form 1040, 1040A or possibly 1040EZ

Possible answer