How do I get put on my daughter's birth certificate?

Answer this question

  • How do I get put on my daughter's birth certificate?


Answer #1 | 23/12 2013 09:02
You might need an attorney for this, but I would strongly recommend having a paternity test done first.
Answer #2 | 23/12 2013 09:03
Get a DNA test first to establish paternity.
Answer #3 | 23/12 2013 09:04
Get a DNA test to prove she is yours first then if she is your daughter you have rights to see her. If your ex won't let you be a part of her life then if you really love your daughter then you might have to take it up with the family court. Good luck :)
Answer #4 | 23/12 2013 09:10
Go to family court and get a paternity DNA test ordered by a judge. They'll set up a hearing date and then you can push for some degree of custody or at least visitation rights. Of course you'll be expected to provide some amount of child support if she remains primary custodian. But the court can get the name ordered to be added to the birth certificte throught the Dept. of vital Statistics.
Answer #5 | 23/12 2013 09:25
You get DNA, prove you're the father, go to Court and ask that your name be put on the bc and that you have Court-awarded visitation. The mother will undoubtedly ask for child support.
Answer #6 | 23/12 2013 09:24
The certificate is a copy of the entry in the official record. Much too late now. The child has no father in law. Sorry but you cannot be added after he event.

Possible answer