how do I get my girlfriend to marry me?

Answer this question

  • how do I get my girlfriend to marry me?


Answer #1 | 05/01 2014 11:08
No you are not wrong in this sense. What you could do is buy or rent a small house or condo together that has 2 bedrooms and then leave each set of kids in that house paying rent to cover the mortgage. When they move out you each rent the place and it is an investment.
Positive: 66.666666666667 %
Answer #2 | 05/01 2014 14:10
Have you told her all this: but I tell her i refuse to prchase a new home with six bedrooms just to have them empty hopefully in a few years. Am I wrong with this thinking? also My home as probably with everyone elses is underwater, meaning I owe more then I can get. I would have to walk away from this house if I bought a new one and I just cannot do that. Have you told her about the bad financial position you would both be in if you bought a 6-bdrm home?
Positive: 50 %
Answer #3 | 05/01 2014 13:14
Tell all the kids that they have to begin paying the mortgages now or move out within three months because you and your girlfriend are getting your own place. That own place with either be one of the homes, that you will not be sharing with kids, or a place of your own. So they either pay up to rent the houses ( lease it to them... you aren't selling them the house unless you want to do that) in order to stay put or they move out so that it can be rented to someone else. You seem to want to argue the point but continuing to provide your adult children with free rent is clearly crippling them all since none of them have actually begun to make an adult life for themselves.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #4 | 05/01 2014 11:26
That's a tough one! It doesn't make much sense to sell either house unless you have a plan. Buying a big house doesn't make sense because when the kids move out it will be too big. Selling one house won't make sense unless the kids make other arrangements. I think the two of you should start charging rent to all the adult residents. That way they might start moving out. Maybe the current living arrangements aren't too bad and you can be married and living in two houses. Eventually when some of them move out, you can rent out the other house for additional income. Another plan is to give them a timeframe in which they move out and the two of you buy a different home together. Just a few ideas.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #5 | 05/01 2014 11:17
Get engaged but not married until the kids are gone, unless you want to pay for two houses.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #6 | 05/01 2014 11:21
Why not move her in to your house and your kids over to her house? Everyone still has a home, you've just reorgizaed where people live. Hopefully all the kids are happy for you and her and no one is trying to get in the way. Or you guys still get married, just live in one house or the other with the kids living where they are. Look, if two people love each other, they communicatie and compromise to work it out. The kids make it morecomplicated but I don't see why houses have to be sold, everyone has to move just so you two can get married.
Positive: 0 %

Possible answer