how do home-schoolers get ATARs?

Answer this question

  • how do home-schoolers get ATARs?


Answer #1 | 21/12 2013 11:57
Homeschoolers don't need an ATAR. ATARs are for people who've done Year 12. If you're home educated you go to uni as a Non-Year 12 applicant. In some parts of Australia homeschooled kids can't do the HSC so the Departments of Education issue homeschooled kids with a Certificate of Completion instead. You have to be registered as a homeschooler with your state's Department of Education to get one of the certificates and you apply directly to the Department of Education if/when you want your certificate. Alternatively some of the homeschool programmes issue their own Certificate of Completion to kids who've used their programme.

Possible answer

Login to your account
Create new account