Gcses needed for airline pilots?

Answer this question

  • Gcses needed for airline pilots?


Answer #1 | 18/12 2013 13:46
you'll need a bit more than gcse's
Answer #2 | 18/12 2013 13:57
Jamie, email me. I can give you all the info you need on anything in the aviation world. I know LOTS about pilots. [email protected]
Answer #3 | 18/12 2013 13:48
Maths will be required (Or at least an ability to calculate quickly) Physics : for an ability to understand aerodynamic properties English : An understanding at an advanced level for communications At least. Your best bet of all, is to contact the Airlines directly, and enquire about trainee programs. And it would help you immensely to join some flight school - now - or ATC or something. Best wishes.
Answer #4 | 18/12 2013 14:00
Jamie i don't want to dampen your enthusiasm but before you get too intense about this you need to realise that becoming a Commercial Pilot is not like starting work in an Insurance company or Bank or whatever. Airlines do NOT (any longer) train people to be a Pilot, you have to fund the training course yourself. it takes around 17 months and at the moment costs over £85.000 ~ yes, Eighty Five thousand pounds, plus what ever costs you involve in living away from home for 17 months if one of the few training organisations is too far from your home for a daily commute. For most people, there is no way they can find or borrow that sort of money.
Answer #5 | 18/12 2013 15:38
There is no set education standard to train as a pilot in the UK (or the rest of Europe as far as I know). What you will need however is an understanding of basic principles of physics, trigonometry and an ability to do arithmetic (don't worry nothing too advanced) fairly quickly and in your head. Also required will be reasonable sums of money, its can be done for far less than the £80 - 85,000 others seem to constantly quote (I did mine for £50,000), it can also cost far more, one of the leading training organisations in the UK will empty your (or your parents) bank account(s) to the tune of £100,000+
Answer #6 | 19/12 2013 23:04
The big problem you will have is findingt he money to pay for your training
Answer #7 | 18/12 2013 16:01
More importantly, you need A levels & possibly a university degree...

Possible answer