Fast optical zooming called?

Answer this question

  • Fast optical zooming called?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 11:09
If you're asking about a specification that you can find for a product, the closest you'll find is "variable zoom". It isn't common for manufacturers to list exactly how fast the camera can zoom, though some might advertise the ability to do so quickly. You would have to look at reviews or demonstrations to get a real feel for a camera's zoom performance. Basic models might only have a single speed, in which case it might be better to set zoom in advance. The next tier up will have a few speeds, but you'll likely notice the shifting between levels. The higher up you go, the smoother the zoom will be, and may be described as "continuous". Again, there is no real indicator of speed, although the motor needed would likely be more common on expensive models. Lenses that have a manual zoom ring may be shifted much faster than motorized lenses, though mechanical constraints may limit zoom speed.

Possible answer