Electictrician or HVAC need help?

Answer this question

  • Electictrician or HVAC need help?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 09:10
What I use depends on what I'm doing, but I carry a Klein cl200 in my bag, inexpensive small,and easy to use. I also use an Ideal 61-361 meter that doesn't have a clamp, but has a rotation tester, I do alot of 3-phase freq drive and UPS installations, and having the rotation clockwise before startup saves a lot of trouble. But for the real complicated issues I use I keep a Fluke 1587 Megger/Multimeter with an iFlex rope style ammeter in my truck when I need a peak-hold function or troubleshooting VFD issues, but normally those stay in the truck, I don' just drag around a $1000 tools. But the Klein is my everyday tester.
Answer #2 | 22/01 2014 19:09
You won't go wrong with a Fluke. You get what you pay for, and with Fluke you will get the best bang for your buck. If your lively hood depends on your tools, don't cheap out on your tools.

Possible answer