Driver Won't Give Me Insurance Information?

Answer this question

  • Driver Won't Give Me Insurance Information?


Answer #1 | 20/12 2013 00:57
Never settle any accident on your own. Call your insurance company or get a lawyer.
Answer #2 | 20/12 2013 03:45
When you accepted the $600, that was the settlement payment in full. You are most likely out of luck. At this point, you can't prove he was intoxicated either. Reporting an accident (to his insurance company) 5 weeks after the fact impacts your credibility as to the facts of the incident. You can certainly try, but don't expect much in the way of compensation. You can try small claims court. I doubt a lawyer will touch this - no large judgement is possible. Your question talks about damages to your vehicle, but your first line mentions injury. Medical or physical njury to a person is usually up to 2 years from the time the injured party knew or should have known about the injury. Damages to your vehicle is probably a lot less - maybe 90 days. The longer you delay, the less chance you have of getting a judgement.
Answer #3 | 20/12 2013 04:35
You took his $600. That's the end of it. You chose to keep it out of insurance. You lost out.
Answer #4 | 20/12 2013 04:38
Foolish, Foolish, Foolish........ You can try to file a claim against him. If he wants, he can then submit your claim to his insurance company. They will let you know if they will honor it. (I doubt it because you have already been paid) If that doesn't work, you can try using your own collision insurance. Your insurance will then deal with the other guy and if he has insurance and choses to use it, his company. I hope other readers here will see this and learn that one should N E V E R, N E V E R try to settle on your own". What happened here is a typical example Accident? Always call the police to the scene and then immediately notify YOUR insurance company Always !
Answer #5 | 20/12 2013 08:34
When you accepted money from him, that was the end of it. If you get his information and file, his insurance will ask for his statement. He will tell them you asked for $600 on scene, and he paid you. They will deny the claim as already settled.

Possible answer