Does anyone know about HSAs and payroll taxes for an SCorp?

Answer this question

  • Does anyone know about HSAs and payroll taxes for an SCorp?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 03:34
I would really suggest to you that you really do need to seek and find a real good enrolled agent that would be licensed to practice before the IRS and get some good advice and guidance about your current problem and this matter of you being a sole owner and employee of this so called Subchapter S LLC and payroll taxes for as you as the sole proprietor owner of your business operation at this time in your life when the IRS will not even recognize it as such a business operation at all during the tax filing season. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/22/2013
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 04:01
See the W-2 instructions, read pub 969, etc. As the sole owner, the entire $4750 is income based through box 1 of the W-2 and subject to withholding only. See the chart in publiation 15, page 39. Since it's all included in box 1, you don't put anything in box 14. The pre-tax part is handled on the 1040. The premiums go under the SE insurance deduction and the contributions are deducted as an adjustment as well.

Possible answer

Login to your account
Create new account