Claiming childcare expenses on taxes?

Answer this question

  • Claiming childcare expenses on taxes?


Answer #1 | 21/12 2013 16:48
if this is her way of keeping track of the amount she paid for baby sitting she very likely can claim that for the child care credit she will need the name, SSN and address of the woman she paid
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 21/12 2013 15:03
If the babysitter worked at home, she gives the babysitter a form W-10 and asks for her name, address and SSN. If the babysitter sat in the child's home, she needs the woman to fill out a W-4 and I-9. The preparer can figure out if she has to issue a W-2 or not. If yes, that would mean taxes are owed on the 1040 schedule H.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #3 | 21/12 2013 15:34
She needs the provider's SSN at the very least, and preferably a receipt form said provider for the amount paid. ATM receipts won't cut it, she could have used the cash for anything.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #4 | 21/12 2013 15:45
She needs the provider's information, in particular her name (or business name), address, and tax id (EIN or SSN). Bank receipts will not suffice for the credit.
Positive: 50 %

Possible answer