FIND THE ANSWERS

can someone teach me how to do percents?

Answer this question

  • can someone teach me how to do percents?


Answers

Answer #1 | 02/01 2014 12:02
For 25% all you need to is half it once so 24 and then half it again to get 12. For 10% devide by 10. So 10% of 20 is 2. 5% is half of 10% so 5% of 20 is 1 For percents such as 7% or 9% i would work out 1% and times it by the % you want. So for example 7% of 100 is 7
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 02/01 2014 12:04
in your head convert the percentage to a fraction which would be 1/4 of 48. then divide the number 48 by the denominator which is 4 and times this number by the numerator which is 1. 48 divided by 4 = 12. 12 x 1= 12.
Positive: 0 %
Answer #3 | 02/01 2014 12:39
well, with a calculator you can quickly do 48 * 0.25. If you have something that is $48 and it is 25% off, then you really are paying 75% of the price, so 48 * 0.75 The other thing is that 25% is just saying 25/100, which is 1/4. 20% is 20/100 = 1/5. 10% is 10/100 = 1/10. etc. $48 * 1/4 = $12 off, so it would be $48 - $12. The sales price would be $36.
Positive: 0 %

Possible answer