FIND THE ANSWERS

Can rinsing a block of hard cheese with dilute vinegar keep it from getting moldy?

Answer this question

  • Can rinsing a block of hard cheese with dilute vinegar keep it from getting moldy?


Answers

Answer #1 | 19/12 2013 13:04
Easier than that, if you just don't touch it with your hands you will make it last far longer than if you unwrap the whole thing and touch it.
Answer #2 | 19/12 2013 13:43
My guess is it would affect the taste of the cheese. Depending on the type of cheese, a little vinegar might be okay, but in others, it wouldn't. A better way would be to dampen a cloth in salt water and use the cloth to brush off any mold on the cheese. That's what cheese-makers do.
Answer #3 | 19/12 2013 14:13
I have no idea. Mold that grows on hard cheese can simply be cut off and the cheese is still safe to eat. It's mold on soft cheese that you have to toss the whole thing out.

Possible answer

Anonymous796865
Login to your account
Create new account