Can i still file a dispute withe the irs even if i dont have my sons social security numer?

Answer this question

  • Can i still file a dispute withe the irs even if i dont have my sons social security numer?


Answer #1 | 29/12 2013 04:54
IRS rule is that MAJORITY of nights during the tax year makes that parent the CUSTODIAL the CUSTODIAL parent for that tax year and then that parent would be able to QUALIFY to claim that child dependent when all of the other rules have also been met by each other taxpayer during the tax filing season in the 2014 year for the 1040 2013 FIT return. And as you all ready do know you will have to have that taxpayer SSN and the correct name that would go with that SSN when you would claim that taxpayer child on your 1040 FIT return during the 2014 tax filing season for the 2013 1040 FIT return as a qualifying dependent on your own 1040 FIT return at that time. Your efiled 1040 income tax return has not been ACCEPTED by the IRS as you did fill it out and filed it online to the IRS for processing during the 2014 tax filing season RIGHT. BUT when 2 taxpayers do this then the IRS will end up making and notifying each taxpayer of what their final decision will be about who will be allowed to be able to meet all of the rules that they did have to meet in order to qualify to claim the child for that tax year. The return that would get REJECTED during the 2014 tax filing season would then have to mail a paper copy of the REJECTED return to the CORRECT IRS address for processing during the tax filing season for the IRS to get involved in this matter at that time and start the investigation of both taxpayers for this purpose and time in life. Only one custodial parent for the 2013 tax year 183 nights in your home that you have maintained for this purpose and time in your life with good written records that would be needed for this purpose when and IF the IRS would want the information that was entered on your 1040 income tax return during the 2014 tax filing season to be verified by you at that time in your life. use the search box for Publication 501 Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information Custody of child, Custodial parent and noncustodial parent. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful.12/29/2013
Answer #2 | 29/12 2013 08:30
if the child remained with the other parent that parent has the majority 'nites' and is the one to claim the child even when you are ordered to pay child support you still will not be able to claim the child unless she signs the #8332 waiver to allow you to do so if the child is in her household the majority 'nites'
Answer #3 | 29/12 2013 06:54
Whoever has the child the most nights gets to claim it. That parent can sign a form 8332 to split the benefits.
Answer #4 | 29/12 2013 10:35
Yes, sorry that's wrong if the child lived with her since you split up. The custodial parent, the parent the child spends more nights with, gets the claim unless they give the other parent a signed form 8332 allowing them to claim. It doesn't matter how much support was provided by whom. There's nothing for you to dispute. By law, she gets the claim.
Answer #5 | 29/12 2013 12:15
Congress made the rules. Instead of evaluating each and every situation for "fairness" (especially when one parent will always argue it wasn't), there are strict rules. You can pay every dime of the child's support, but if you don't have the greater number of nights, you lose.
Answer #6 | 29/12 2013 13:05
The claim cannot be split; it is against the law for the claim to be split, and the IRS will not consider any attempt to split it. Even if you had the social security number, you could not dispute it before she filed. It cannot be disputed until after both you and she have both filed. If you wait until after she files, and then you dispute it, then the IRS can give all the money to you and take it back from her. But they can't split it, and they can't consider the dispute until after she files. If she files first, then you get the social security number, and you file on paper, not electronically. This is very important, because it can be disputed only if the second person to file does so on paper. If the second person files electronically, then the claim of the first person can't be disputed. If you can't get the social security number before she files, then you file after her, on paper, and not electronically, and then you do whatever disputing has to be done, then, and not earlier.
Answer #7 | 29/12 2013 12:18
Did you apply for your son's Social Security number before you got divorced? Try going to the city hall of the town where he was born. If I'm not mistaken, for around $15.00 you should be able to get a stamped copy of his birth certificate with his number on it. If its not there, ask them if there is a record of his SS number and request a printed copy of it.

Possible answer