can I put a 4 barrel carb and intake on my 1964 oldsmobile 88 that can stock with a 2 barrel carb and intake.?

Answer this question

  • can I put a 4 barrel carb and intake on my 1964 oldsmobile 88 that can stock with a 2 barrel carb and intake.?


Answer #1 | 20/12 2013 07:13
Answer #2 | 20/12 2013 15:20
sure nuff you can.
Answer #3 | 20/12 2013 07:17
If you change the Intake manifold. There are adapter plates that will bolt to the 2BBL intake and have bolts in the adapter to fit a 4 BBL on top, but they never provide the performance you want because the ports on top of the intake are still too small to allow the fuel and air you want for performance. Generally these adapter plates are a waste of your money and a lot of work to get the carbs fuel and air mix right for the tiny intake manifold ports. Go to the wrecking lot and pick up a used 4BBL intake manifold to fit your engine or order one off the internet.
Answer #4 | 20/12 2013 17:49
You would have to change the intake to a 4bbl one to make it even remotely worth the trouble. Depending on which engine you have how difficult it may be to find another intake. 64 was when they came up with the 2nd gen v8's that lasted till 1990. Aftermarket still makes intakes for both the standard deck and tall deck versions of those. I think the 'new' engine for 64 was the 330 and that was a standard deck so its the same intake as the 307,350,403 from the 70's and 80's. The more common engine was the 394 and I think its intake was different than the later ones so you would likely have to find a used one. I think 4bbls were pretty rare for that era.
Answer #5 | 21/12 2013 03:08
yes, Edelbrock, Holley, Offenhauser and others make the intake for it. You should use a simple setup carb instead of a holley because of cold operation. Edelbrock makes easy combos that would work well with your engine. Also I would recommend an electronic change over kit for the ignition. These are fairly cheap, common and fairly easy to install and maintain if you don't want to fool with changing out and adjusting points all the time.
Answer #6 | 17/01 2014 01:32 their is your intake
Answer #7 | 21/12 2013 05:51
Yes you can, change the intake

Possible answer