Can I file taxes and get money for my 2 sons if I've only worked 2 weeks this year?

Answer this question

  • Can I file taxes and get money for my 2 sons if I've only worked 2 weeks this year?


Answer #1 | 23/12 2013 18:09
VERY Doubtful BUT who really would know all of the correct required information for this purpose and time in your life. How would it be possible for you to be able to maintain a home for you and your 2 children when you ONLY worked and EARNED some qualified earned income amount for this purpose and time in your life and be able to support all 3 of your for the 2014 tax year. How to determine if support test is met. You figure whether you have provided more than half of a person's total support by comparing the amount you contributed to that person's support with the entire amount of support that person received from all sources. This includes support the person provided from his or her own funds. Support provided by the state (welfare, food benefits, housing, etc.). Benefits provided by the state to a needy person generally are considered support provided by the state. However, payments based on the needs of the recipient will not be considered as used entirely for that person's support if it is shown that part of the payments were not used for that purpose. Total Support To figure if you provided more than half of a person's support, you must first determine the total support provided for that person. Total support includes amounts spent to provide food, lodging, clothing, education, medical and dental care, recreation, transportation, and similar necessities. Generally, the amount of an item of support is the amount of the expense incurred in providing that item. For lodging, the amount of support is the fair rental value of the lodging. Expenses not directly related to any one member of a household, such as the cost of food for the household, must be divided among the members of the household. Go to the website and use the search Box for the Publication 501 (2013), Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information ◦Exemptions for Dependents You may find Worksheet 2 helpful in figuring whether you provided more than half of a person's support. Person's own funds not used for support. A person's own funds are not support unless they are actually spent for support. And you do have to sign the completed tax return where the below statement is included at bottom of the page of the 1040 tax form for your use at this time in your life. Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is true, correct, and accurately lists all amounts and sources of income I received during the tax year. Your signature Date Your occupation Spouse’s signature. Date Your occupation If a joint return, both must sign. Be sure that you do have very good daily detailed written records and a copy to be able to prove all of your information that you reported on your 1040 income tax return during the tax filing season for this purpose. And on the copy of the worksheet that you used to determine the amount of support that you and others paid for this purpose available in case the IRS should decide that they would want you to verify some of the information that you entered on your 1040 income tax return and printed a copy for your records and signed the other copy to send to the IRS for processing at that time in your life. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/23/2013
Positive: 50 %
Answer #2 | 23/12 2013 22:37
No you cannot. If you have only worked 2 weeks out of the year, you would not have been supporting them at least 50% of the year. The IRS requires that dependents have been supported (totally) by over 50% including a residence. So no absolutely not.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #3 | 23/12 2013 18:50
If you worked that little, there's a real good chance that YOU are a dependent of the person who supported you, in which case, no you can't claim your sons. If you CAN claim them, though, yes you'd be eligible for EIC. But the amount depends on how much you earned for the year, so it won't be much. If for example you made $500, EIC would be a little over $200.
Positive: 33.333333333333 %
Answer #4 | 23/12 2013 18:52
IRS will not give you money for your sons. They won't even take them if you offer them for free.
Positive: 33.333333333333 %

Possible answer

Login to your account
Create new account