Can I file a revision for tax year 2011?

Answer this question

  • Can I file a revision for tax year 2011?


Answer #1 | 11/12 2013 17:47
yes you can amend the 2011 return until 4/15/2015
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 11/12 2013 15:15
Do you have all of your records? Don't send them with the 1040X, but have them ready to fax in. The IRS tends to question amended returns that suddenly remember that you had expenses that you didn't report the first time.
Answer #3 | 11/12 2013 15:50
You do not itemize you file a schedule C. Of course you deduct the expenses first. You can file an amendment.
Answer #4 | 11/12 2013 15:07
I believe that you can file an amended return up until three years from its normal due date (April 15, 2012 + 3 years = April 15, 2015).
Answer #5 | 11/12 2013 16:56
And if that is really what you do want to do at this time in your life for the 2011 tax year and bring it all back into the IRS system for this purpose and time in your life. Just make sure that you do have some very good written daily records to prove all of your information that has been reported on your 1040 FIT in case the IRS does decide that they would want to be able to verify some of it at some future time in your life. 2011 tax year you will have to use the 1040X amended individual income tax return for this purpose and time in your life in order to correct you error that you did make when you filled it and filed the 2011 1040 during the 2012 tax filing season for that purpose. Yes you can BUT we really do NOT know or have any idea about what you do mean you use the word itemized for this purpose and time for your Schedule C and the SE of your 2011 1040 FIT return. Go to the website and use the search box for the 1040X Instructions for Form 1040X (12/2012) Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return Line Instructions Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful. 12/11/2013

Possible answer