Apartment sharing gone wrong!?

Answer this question

  • Apartment sharing gone wrong!?


Answer #1 | 14/01 2014 09:33
It's his name on the lease and not yours? Why aren't you moving out? It's his rent to pay, not yours. You can quit paying rent altogether and wait for the eviction notices because it's not your problem. You don't actually have any right to do anything, because without a written lease agreement, you're just a squatter.
Positive: 100 %
Answer #2 | 14/01 2014 09:44
the thing to do depends on IF you are on the lease there. If so then look for another place and give the LL a notice of intent to vacate - if your NOT on the lease your notice must go to your roommate who is on the some states both LL/lessee must be notified (which law or not I'd do that. each states requires their own method of delivery of notice, laws and sample letters/notices, can be found at your states dept. of consumer affairs
Positive: 100 %
Answer #3 | 14/01 2014 14:05
You have the right to move since you are not on any lease or rental agreement.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #4 | 14/01 2014 23:33
Do you know when the lease ends? Maybe the landlord can transfer the lease into your name once his lease period is over. I would try to get something in writing from the guy stating you are subletting. (so you have proof you live there) He could show up any day, after you have paid the rent, and throw you out or lock you out when you are not there. Then, not only will you be out the rent money, say good bye to all your belongings as well. : (
Positive: 50 %
Answer #5 | 14/01 2014 09:31
For this You can Send him a notice via registered mail that his belongings will be disposed of if not removed by a specific date.
Positive: 50 %

Possible answer