FIND THE ANSWERS

amp burned help .......?

Answer this question

  • amp burned help .......?


Answers

Answer #1 | 19/12 2013 18:23
If the ground burned up, it is because either the wire gauge was too small [it should be as large as the positive wire] or there was a bad connection were it burned at. Other than the damage to the burned parts, everything should be okay.
Answer #2 | 20/12 2013 07:46
As heavy gauge wire as the amplifier will hold should be used and the ground should be the same thickness,try to go with a 4 gauge power and ground,of it don't fit the amp go 8 gauge its half the thickness of the 4 gauge.The Amplifier must be drawing some big power if you are already using either one of these thickness wire's. If so you may be wiring the amp to the wrong ohm's load.use 9RF TECH WOOFER WIRING WIZARD),Google it. It's a good way to know your wiring your amp and subs to an ohm's load both can handle. Do you have an inline fuse about 4 inches away from the positive terminal in the line powering your amp if so this should be blowing before any wiring get's a chance to melt.

Possible answer