am i eligible for the basic child taxes?

Answer this question

  • am i eligible for the basic child taxes?


Answer #1 | 22/12 2013 00:17
So how much did you make? $20,000? $2000? If you made less than $3900, who paid the bills? How are you coming up with "head of household" since that wouldn't be enough to pay the bills.
Positive: 66.666666666667 %
Answer #2 | 22/12 2013 22:30
How much did you make in those two months? That's what matters, not how long you worked.
Positive: 66.666666666667 %
Answer #3 | 22/12 2013 00:00
First question is how did you support the two of you on only two months work? I ask this because unless you are on welfare or get a lot of child support, someone else will be claiming the both of you.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #4 | 22/12 2013 04:10
Does not sound like you would be eligible for any amount of any thing at all using all of your above enclosed information for this purpose and time in your life. Just for having children during your life time their is NO such thing as basic child taxes at all. And you say in your above enclosed information that you only worked ABOUT 2 months during the 2013 tax year. YOU do know that when filling out the 1040 FIT return correctly and completely that you and child do have to meet all of the rules that each one of your does have to meet in order for you to be able to qualify to claim your child as your own dependent on your own income tax return for the tax year during the 2014 tax filing season for the 2013 tax year 1040 FIT return. So using your above enclosed information none no amount of a REFUND would be available to you to be able to claim and get back as a REFUND amount during the 2014 tax filing season for the past 2013 tax year. Go to the website and use the search box for Publication 501, Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Exemptions for Dependents Qualifying Child Qualifying Relative These three tests are explained in detail later. All the requirements for claiming an exemption for a dependent are summarized in Table 5. Table 5. Overview of the Rules for Claiming an Exemption for a Dependent You cannot claim a person as a dependent unless that person is your qualifying child or qualifying relative. Support Test (To Be a Qualifying Relative) To meet this test, you generally must provide more than half of a person's total support during the calendar year. However, if two or more persons provide support, but no one person provides more than half of a person's total support, see Multiple Support Agreement , later. How to determine if support test is met. You figure whether you have provided more than half of a person's total support by comparing the amount you contributed to that person's support with the entire amount of support that person received from all sources. This includes support the person provided from his or her own funds. Support provided by the state (welfare, food benefits, housing, etc.). Benefits provided by the state to a needy person generally are considered support provided by the state. However, payments based on the needs of the recipient will not be considered as used entirely for that person's support if it is shown that part of the payments were not used for that purpose. Total Support And you do have to sign the completed tax return where the below statement is included at bottom of the page of the 1040 tax form for your use at this time in your life. Under penalties of perjury, I declare that I have examined this return, and to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is true, correct, and accurately lists all amounts and sources of income I received during the tax year. Your signature Date Your occupation Spouse’s signature. Date Your occupation If a joint return, both must sign. Be sure that you do have very good daily detailed written records and a copy to be able to prove all of your information that you reported on your 1040 income tax return during the tax filing season for this purpose. And on the copy of the worksheet that you used to determine the amount of support that you and others paid for this purpose available in case the IRS should decide that they would want you to verify some of the information that you entered on your 1040 income tax return and printed a copy for your records and signed the other copy to send to the IRS for processing at that time in your life. Hope that you find the above enclosed information useful.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #5 | 22/12 2013 17:07
You don't have to make any specific amount of money. There are no "basic child taxes". There is no money that you get back just for claiming someone. Claiming someone may or may not increase the amount that you get back for having earned money or for other reasons, but there is no specific amount of money you need to make to do it.
Positive: 50 %
Answer #6 | 22/12 2013 09:22
Kind of hard for you to be HoH when you only worked 2 months. Hoh requires you pay over 50% of the support of the household. So you are likely not eligible to claim HoH. Who did you live with? How were the bills paid for the other 10 months of the year? How much money did you make in total? You would get a very minimal a mount of EIC and child tax credit if you actually qualify.....but you probably don't.
Positive: 50 %

Possible answer

Login to your account
Create new account